Business Development Manager required, based in Merseyside. Requiring experience in account management and warm business development in a scientific sector – ideally cosmetics or coatings
Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
The Company is a global business with manufacturing units in the Far East, UK, Poland and Canada and part of a larger plc. It is a world leader in the manufacture of specialist products for the coatings and cosmetics industries. As a result of continued success and a pending retirement, the Company is looking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager to join the senior management team. Reporting directly to the MD, this is a business critical role, involved in the account management and development of mostly existing customers but will also include some new business. The role would be suited to someone who has a previous scientific technical background but who has more recently had a background in Account Management and/or Business Development.
Benefits: Self-managed role with no direct reports and opportunities to travel. Offering 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), a company pension scheme, discretionary bonus, and private medical insurance. Working hours 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday, with flexibility as/when required.
Role / Description
- Maintenance and growth of existing portfolio of applications for glass flake/related products for existing and new customers.
- Development and maintenance of direct customers, and the identification and management of appropriate sales channels and distributors in order to achieve business growth.
- Liaising with the technical team to support and progress existing and prospect customers in their new product developments – technical teams are all based in Japan alongside manufacturing units.
- Maintain close personal contact with customers in order to identify, quantify, develop and manage the opportunities available to the business; and to mitigate the actions of competitors.
- Compiles and analyses sales figures, oversees and maintains the forecast information and compiles relevant data for short term budgeting and longer term business planning.
- Undertakes marketing campaigns, formulates promotional literature and undertakes market research and marketing campaigns relevant to business needs.
- Travelling in UK and Europe, as required, on customer visits to maintain and develop customer relations.
- Proven experience in technical business development or account management in glass flake or related products
- Good technical knowledge, gained from previous technical experience or scientific degree
- Strong, adaptable communications skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong background in account management or business development to grow and manage their own accounts in an international company. This is a role that offers genuine autonomy and reports directly to the MD.
If you would like to apply for this position, please do so by submitting a CV to HR Department, NGF Europe Limited, Lea Green Road, St. Helens WA9 4PR or by e-mail, no later than Wednesday 28 February 2018 (closing date), to: NGFHRAdmin@nsg.com